John Cena Recalls Insightful Conversation With Eddie Guerrero, "That's How I Learned To Wrestle"

John Cena has revealed a conversation with the late Eddie Guerrero he implies is one of the most fundamental lessons he got at the beginning of his career.

Cena, who will be showcased at WrestleMania 36 this weekend, had the opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the business while making his own climb to the top. And, speaking as a guest on the most recent episode of Corey Graves' After the Bell podcast, he delved into his education as a professional wrestler, reflecting on his learning the art from all of the superstars he got in the ring with.

Previously: Jim Ross Details Why Vince McMahon Gave Eddie Guerrero A Major Push

Cena would recall a chin wag with Guerrero that came after a match they had in South Africa.

"I remember the first time Eddie was like, 'Okay, just you and me here tonight. I'll see you out there tonight.' It was an outdoor tennis court in South Africa, and we went 25 minutes, and it was awesome," he said (H/T Sportskeeda.com)

"He was kind enough after the match, and I would be like, 'Eddie I heard this out there, why did you tell me to do that?' And that's when his face lights up like, 'Okay, now I get to tell you some of the secrets. This is what you do, this is what you don't do, this is why I did this, did you hear when they were like this, and I said this, and I said shut up, and don't do anything that's because we missed it. It was too late.' So, like, that's how I learned to wrestle."

Cena also gave props to a number of other greats for helping him become the best in the business.

A True Inspiration

Guerrero was one of the best in-ring entertainers back in his day and lots of other wrestlers have credited his influence as an example and a mentor.

He was as talented a fighter as he was a showman and his passing prompted one of the saddest periods in WWE history.

It's quite unfortunate we didn't get to see more of Eddie in the ring but the impact he's had on wrestling can't be discounted. Cena is a brilliant example of a product that probably wouldn't have been had it not been for Eddie's influence.

Next: Arn Anderson Details Why WWE Made John Cena Their Top Star

Source: Sportskeeda.com

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7tbTErKeoqqSowaa%2BjZympmenp7K0wMuipaBnmqS1r3nCnqWaZZWZsaqxjKCsnqqimr%2BwecKopa%2BdoqiutbXOp2Y%3D